Types of Federal Education Grants

Pell Grant

Pell Grants are awarded if you demonstrate financial need based on information you provide on the FAFSA.


Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)

FSEOG is a limited campus-based aid program offered by some colleges and universities. FSEOG funds are awarded to students with the highest level of financial need first.


Teacher Educational Assistance for College and Higher Education (TEACH) Grant

You may qualify for a TEACH grant if you sign an agreement to obtain an education-related degree and work for a set period of time at a specific school or educational agency (click here for detailed requirements). If you receive a TEACH grant and do not fulfill your contractual obligation, your grant will be converted into a loan that you must repay.


Iraq and Afghanistan Service Grant (IASG)

If your parent died as a result of military service in Afghanistan or Iraq after September 11, 2001, you may qualify for this grant. If you are Pell-eligible, you will not be able to receive IASG in addition to your Pell award.